Children gone missing, abducted, sexually assaulted, raped or killed will shock any society. But are our governing bodies doing enough to track the children that are reported missing each year?
Every single day sickening reports emerge of missing and murdered children make headlines. But what is more worse is that many predators are receiving shelter from judges who are allowing them back out on the streets to stalk and molest their next victim/victims–as if this practice should be accepted or tolerated.
TEN REASONS WHY CHILDREN DISAPPEAR:
1. The common reasons are Divorce and parental disputes. In relation to child custody, there are times when one parent wants to relocate or move to another location. When the parents do not agree one of the parents may take the child and go underground, may change their names. The parent may change his or her occupation and the parent and child can completely drop off the face of the earth for awhile, maybe forever.
In this type of abduction, the family of the abductor usually knows where the child is. However, many times they do not want to come forward with the information.
2. America as we know it has always been considered a safety zone. That is why so many people come to this country. We never think that when we leave our children alone, going to school for example, someone is watching. When we leave them to play in the front yard, someone is watching. When we leave them for a moment in the Grocery Store, someone is watching. When we let them go to the Mall, someone is watching.
Why are predators watching us? Because it’s easy for them. They look like the guy next door. They go to work every day, they smile. They play with their dog and our dog too. They are at Church or in a neighborhood meeting. They are in the P.T.A.
Predators are everywhere in our community. They are involved in everything we do including walking and watching our children walk to school.
3. Many children are abducted by their non-custodial parent however it could be another family; an Aunt, an Uncle, a mother’s boyfriend, someone who has developed a relationship with the child and believes he or she is in love with the child. Then that person uses the child for whatever reason the need may be.
4. The world we live in is no stranger to one of the biggest reasons many of our children disappear without a trace. Many children are abducted and sold for body parts throughout the United States, Central America, South America and Europe. The Internet has become one of the greatest sources of business and the organized underground business is one of the most successful businesses anywhere in the world.
Can you imagine having the need of life and searching the Internet and finding a broker who can find you the organ of your choice? Here in the U.S.A., in Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, anywhere in Central, North and South America, anywhere for a price you can pay for and get the organ of your choice. If you don’t believe it, search the net.
Many missing children are abducted and sold for these body parts. This is a multi-million dollar a year business. Be careful when your child is talking to a friendly little girl in a chat room. The Internet is worldwide and sometimes deceptive. The chat room your child uses could be somewhere in Mexico or New York, India, The Middle east or Korea . Your child could be talking to anyone, anywhere with the touch of a button, so close.
5. Most of us don’t even think of children used as pawns for a big price. Young blonde girls are kidnapped and sold for prostitution. This happens mostly in Middle Eastern Countries. Many of them have been know throughout history to love and enjoy young white blonde girls. Korea and Japan are also part of this corruption, or perversion. There are men and women who love and enjoy being around these young children. It is possible that some young boys and girls are kidnapped for a bigger purpose, breeding.
6. Many children run away because their parent or legal guardian abuse and belittle or neglect them. They feel rejected with no one supportive to talk to, even at school. Many children are placed in Foster homes and then abused by their Foster parents. When the child does report the abuse to Child Services, sometimes the Social Worker does nothing. Many Social Workers do not care. The abuse and humiliation continues until the child goes downhill and into the streets until they reach adulthood, at times too late.
7. Many parents are in a hurry to get to work, school and wherever their daily routines take them. However while traveling to their destinations they forget a small child in the backseat. When they return to the car they find their child red and not breathing from the heat.
8. Many parents drop their kids off at school, drop them at the sidewalk and say “I’ll pick you up later” then never return.
9. Many men and women cannot bear their own children and want to adopt. The problem is there are many illegal agencies that find and kidnap children for adoption or “sale”. The rewards in money and other compensations are great. Some kidnappers are hired to search for a particular type of child. There are many reasons why children are abused and kidnapped, bought and sold. Unfortunately the biggest reason is that children believe and trust us, the adults, the ones who are supposed to give them love and keep them safe.
10. In the United States we are very lucky to have Police and Police departments who act within a reasonable amount of time when they get a call regarding a missing child. We are able to make Police Reports. We have the recently developed “Amber Alert” system. Police can act on tips and leads to locate a missing child and continue to gather and build upon information to continue to do a better job at finding our missing children. The use of Radio, Television and Newspapers get the word out quickly when a child goes missing. Police may set up a command post near the missing child’s home and use local volunteers, posters and community involvement to help find a missing child.
Via Missing Children International.org
Chapel Hill, NC Police Searching for Missing Teen, Rosa Morrow
The Chapel Hill Police Department released a report Wednesday that states a 14-year-old girl is missing.
Rosa Morrow was last seen at her residence on Bynum Street at around 10:30 p.m. last Friday, October 22nd. Authorities say Rosa left her residence to meet with friends on Franklin Street and did not return. She is also known to visit the Durham area, where she has friends. Chapel Hill Police say they are currently considering Rosa a runaway.
Rosa is a 14-year-old African American female with brown eyes and short, black hair. She is approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall. If you have any information of the whereabouts of Rosa Morrow, contact the Chapel Hill Police Department at 968-2760.
My only question is……..Rosa was last seen LAST Friday, 10/22; why wasn’t she reported missing way prior to yesterday, an Amber Alert issued, media all over her disappearance? An immediate alert should have been issued AND AS OF THE TIME OF THIS POST ONLY TWO media outlets have reported Rosa missing, 1360WCHL and The Daily Tar Heel. I have not received any missing persons alerts on my cell nor in my emails.
If I have missed something I apologize……….if I haven’t then what the hell is wrong with this picture. Just the possibility of finding her with communities being alerted may have been able to jump in to help and assist.
Isn’t there something wrong here?
A CHILD IS MISSING!
Announcement respectfully submitted via 1360WCHL